Series: Moo U, #0
Author: Sarina Bowen
Publication Date: October 12, 2021
Publisher: Heart Eyes Press
Genre: Contemporary, Sports Romance, New Adult
Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
A new hockey player to steal your heart this fall…
The dreamiest player on the Moo U hockey team hangs a flyer on the bulletin board, and I am spellbound:
Rent a boyfriend for the holiday. For $25, I will be your Thanksgiving date. I will talk hockey with your dad. I will bring your mother flowers. I will be polite, and wear a nicely ironed shirt…
Everyone knows it’s a bad idea to introduce your long-time crush to your messed-up family. But I really do need a date for Thanksgiving, even if I’m not willing to say why. So I tear his phone number off of that flyer… and accidentally entangle our star defenseman in a ruse that neither of us can easily unwind.
Who knew that Weston’s family was even nuttier than mine? He needs a date, too, for the most uncomfortable holiday engagement party ever thrown.
There will be hors d’oeuvre. There will be faked PDA. And there will be pro-level awkwardness…
Boyfriend is a full-length book for Weston and Abbi!
Boyfriend is one of those books where I want to scream “I LOVED IT!!!” and be done with my review. Everything about it was perfect. I don’t even know what to start with. I think I will make things easy on myself and give you a little list of some of the things I loved about this book.
- The secret crushes Abbi and Weston had on each other were adorable. It made their interactions at Biscuits so much fun.
- The direction the fake dating situation went was cute and entertaining, but also brought out big emotions for Abbi, Weston, and me. I loved how they got to know each other better through meeting each other’s families.
- The chemistry between Abbi and Weston was always hot, but the emotional connection made the transition from fake dates to friends to more all the more real. I adored Abbi and Weston — probably why I wanted the novella to be a full length book in the first place.
- The Moo U hockey team was as fun as ever.
- This book may have started off as a novella, but I wouldn’t have known that if I hadn’t already read the novella. It was so seamless. Any changes or additions felt natural and perfect for the story.
- Sarina Bowen proved once again that she can write NA sports romance like no other. I know she said she didn’t think she was going to be writing this age group again before writing this book, but I hope how amazing it turned out gives her motivation to write more NA romances.
I could probably go on and on praising both Boyfriend and Sarina Bowen. This was such a great read that I want to start all over at the beginning again. I already miss Abbi and Weston. A big thank you to Bowen for giving Abbi and Weston (and us!) the full length novel they deserved.
ADD TO GOODREADS: https://bit.ly/3jrBZAA