I recently saw this tag at Read and Thoughts and had to do it. I love me some Taylor Swift, and thought it would be so much fun to pick out my own answers to each prompt. If you want to check out the original tag, you can find it here on Nish & Ngoc’s Book Nook.
1. Link back to the original creator of the book tag (Nish & Ngoc).
2. Thank the person that tagged you and link to their post.
3. TAG AS MANY SWIFTIES AS YOU WANT! (Or non-Swifties, maybe inspire them to listen to our Queen)
Here we go!
1. I Forgot That You Existed – A book that you want to forget you ever read
“It isn’t love, it isn’t hate, it’s just indifference”
After and the entire series made me so mad. One, because of the emotionally abusive relationship. Two, because I felt the need to read the entire thing so that I could (hopefully) find out that Tessa grew a backbone.
2. Cruel Summer – A book you turn to when the going gets rough
“Killing me slow, out the window. Always waiting for you to be waiting below.”
It’s probably this whole series. For some reason, it’s super addictive for me and it completely gets me whole attention no matter what’s going on.
3. Lover – Your book OTP
“Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close forever and ever?”
Jaime & Wes — These two could not be any cuter together.
4. The Man – Your fave kick-ass female protagonist
“I’m so sick of running as fast as I can. Wondering if I’d get there quicker if I was a man.”
Beatriz Perez — She’s willing to do whatever it takes.
5. The Archer – A book with good mental health representation
“All the king’s horses, all the king’s men couldn’t put me back together again. ‘Cause all of my enemies started out friends.”
I loved the way this book was set up. It’s one everyone should read.
6. I Think He Knows – Your fave fictional crush
“I want you, bless my soul, and I ain’t gotta tell him, I think he knows”
Tyson Preeter — I don’t really do fictional crushes, but he’s one of my favorite male love interests.
7. Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince – Fave angsty romance
“It’s you and me, there’s nothing like this. Miss Americana and The Heartbreak Prince. We’re so sad, we paint the town blue. Voted most likely to run away with you.”
So, so angsty.
8. Paper Rings – Book with an ugly cover that you absolutely adored
“I love shiny things but I’d marry you with paper rings”
I thought this cover was ugly when I first saw it. After reading the book, it goes with the decade it’s set in and the vibe of the book. Also, it has the author’s daughter as a model on it. The story was AMAZING.
9. Cornelia Street – A book or series you never want(ed) to end
“I hope I never lose you, hope it never ends”
I really wish Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy would have written more than 2 books in the WAGS series.
10. Death By A Thousand Cuts – A book or series that deserved a better ending
“I can’t pretend it’s okay when it’s not, it’s death by a thousand cuts”
I LOVED The Start of You and Me. The Map from Here to There ruined my memories of that first book. It left things even more up in the air.
11. London Boy – Your fave British male protagonist
“They say home is where the heart is, but God, I love the English”
Max Stella — If you have read this, you know why he’s my favorite.
12. Soon You’ll Get Better – A book that your heart will never recover from
“This won’t go back to normal, if it ever was. It’s been years of hoping…”
I loved this book so dang much, but there is a reason I’ve only read it once. I don’t know if my heart could take a second journey throw.
13. False God – A character you would leap into the burning pits of hell to save
“We were crazy to think, crazy to think that this could work. Remember how I said I’d die for you.”
14. You Need To Calm Down – A book with a powerful message
“Say it in the street, that’s a knock out. But you say it in a Tweet, that’s a cop-out.”
This isn’t my necessarily my favorite Colleen Hoover book, but it has a really important message.
15. Afterglow – A book you want to give a second chance
“Hey, it’s all me, in my head. I’m the one who burned us down. But it’s not what I meant. Sorry that I hurt you.”
I tried to listen to it earlier this year and was so lost. I want to try to read it instead of listening.
16. ME! – Best character development
“I’m the only one of me. Baby, that’s the fun of me.”
Margaret — The things she has to go through and come to terms with.
17. It’s Nice To Have A Friend – Fave friends-to-lovers story
“School bells ring, walk me home…something gave you the nerve to touch my hand…Church bells ring, carry me home.”
Arizona & Carter — SO ADORABLE!
18. Daylight – If you could only read one book or series again and again, what would it be?
“I don’t wanna look at anything else now that I saw you. I don’t wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you.”