Series: Tin Gypsy, #1
Author: Devney Perry
Publication Date: October 29, 2019
Publisher: Devney Perry LLC
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★
The former Tin Gypsy motorcycle club has everyone in Clifton Forge, Montana convinced they’ve locked their clubhouse doors and ripped off their patches. Everyone but Bryce Ryan. There’s more happening at the club’s garage than muscle car restorations and Harley rebuilds. Her instincts are screaming there’s a story—one she’s going to tell.
As the new owner of the small town’s newspaper, Bryce is hungry for more than birth announcements and obituaries. When a woman is brutally killed and all signs point to the Tin Gypsies, Bryce is determined to expose the club and their leader, Kingston “Dash” Slater, as murderers.
Bryce bests Dash match after match, disappointed her rugged and handsome opponent turns out to be an underwhelming adversary. Secrets are exposed. Truths defeat lies. Bryce is poised to win this battle in a landslide.
Then Dash breaks all the rules and tips the scales.
One kiss, and she’s fighting to save more than just her story. She’s fighting to save her heart from the Gypsy King.
Devney Perry is one of my favorite new-to-me authors of 2019. I love her writing style and the emotion she infuses in her words and stories. I was really excited to read her newest release, Gypsy King. Here are my quick thoughts on it.
What I didn’t like:
- There’s only one thing, really. It took me a few chapters or so to get into the book. It wasn’t love at first word. The only reason I can give you for this was that I didn’t immediately bond with Bryce’s character. Her actions made me mad at first because she didn’t give any thought to how what she was investigating would do to the people it impacted. Luckily, Bryce grew on me.
What I loved:
- The writing, of course.
- Dash. He should have been someone I didn’t like because of things he had done in the past, but he was a good guy.
- The mystery behind the murder and how that all played out.
- Dash and Bryce’s relationship. I loved them together.
- Bryce once she and Dash became involved and her priorities shifted. I loved how she interacted with his friends, too.
- Dash’s friends.
By the end of Gypsy King, I was enjoying the story so much I didn’t want it to end. I’m so excited for the rest of the series.