Hello again! Today, I have another fun book tag to share with you. This time I was tagged by Flo @ Flowless Books for the This Is My Genre, Tell Me Yours Book Tag. I thought it sounded like so much fun, so here we go!
- Credit the bad, bad Drew @TheTattooedBookGeek as the creator of the tag, use the created tag name graphic and link back to his blog.
- Answer the questions.
- Tag as many people as you want.
- No long list, simple really!
1. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE GENRE?
Contemporary romance is my favorite genre. If I had to narrow it down even further, I would say new adult contemporary romance.
2. WHO’S YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR FROM THE GENRE?
That’s a tough one. There’s so many! I’ll give you three of my favorite new adult authors:
3. WHAT IS IT ABOUT THE GENRE THAT KEEPS PULLING YOU BACK?
There’s something so raw and real about new adult contemporary romances. I don’t know how else to explain it. The emotions and the first person point of views make them so easy to relate to.
4. WHAT’S THE BOOK THAT STARTED YOUR LOVE FOR YOUR FAVORITE GENRE?
I think the first new adult book I ever read was Slammed by Colleen Hoover. After reading that book and the rest of CoHo’s, I started looking for books similar to them. I’m sure a lot of people will have a similar answer.
5. IF YOU HAD TO RECOMMEND AT LEAST ONE BOOK FROM YOUR FAVORITE GENRE TO A NON-READER/SOMEONE LOOKING TO START READING THAT GENRE, WHAT BOOK WOULD YOU CHOOSE AND WHY?
Honestly, it depends who the non-reader/person looking to start reading the genre is. There are so many different types of new adult romances. For a non-reader, I would recommend Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. For someone who reads but not normally romance I would recommend A Boy Like You by Ginger Scott. For a reader who likes romance but hasn’t read new adult yet I would recommend The Deal by Elle Kennedy.
6. WHY DO YOU READ?
I love it. It’s the perfect escape from every day life.
And anyone else who wants to join in!