Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is Ten Facts About Me (bookish or just general about you facts or ten facts about you as a blogger…whatever you want).
As you can tell, I changed that up a bit and went with a title a little more fitting for me. 😉
- In case you weren’t aware, my favorite book genre is Contemporary Romance. I like adult, NA and YA. My favorite of the three is NA.
- I’m not a huge Fantasy fan. I think it’s because I’m getting old and have a horrible imagination. I will read ones that come highly recommended from reliable sources.
- I try to avoid reading Sci-Fi and Horror at all cost. I can’t do aliens and I hate being scared.
- I love psychological thrillers, but I usually have to read another fluffy book at the same time. That way I can take breaks from all the mental stress.
- When my friends ask me for books recommendations, I give them entire lists. I’ve also had them corner me at the library and ask me to pick up a book for them.
- I recommended Elle Kennedy’s Off-Campus series to my sister. When she was reading one of them, my brother-in-law picked up the book and read the part she was at. He now thinks I read “dirty” books.
- I know I’ve said this before, but I picture every book hero (no matter what they’re supposed to look like) as Nick Bateman. And now you can, too! You’re welcome.
- My least favorite book relationship trope is the student-teacher one. I have a hard time with that now that my daughter is a student. There’s just a trust you have to have in your child’s teacher. I have found a few I was okay with, but they’re few and far between.
- My two favorite relationship tropes are best friends to lovers and enemies to lovers.
- If I could tell you to read one book series this summer, it would be Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn. It is amazing. There are so many twists and turns. Every single one of the people I’ve recommended it to that have read it (at least 5) have read it and loved it. Do it, people!