I would like to thank Laura over at LaLa’s Blog for tagging me in for the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag. If you haven’t already checked out her blog, you totally should! It’s a really fun blog filled with great reviews. You can find her post for this tag here.
This tag was originally created by TheBookArcher and you can watch the original tag below.
Now, I have to admit this isn’t the first time I’ve done this tag. I did it a while back and you can find my original post here. I thought it would be fun to do it again and see if my answers had changed at all. So, here I go!
1. A popular book that you didn’t like.
To be honest, I didn’t completely dislike this book. I actually loved the first 2/3 of the book. It just lost me at this point. I didn’t like the direction it took and I didn’t go on to read the next two books in the series.
2. A book or series everyone seems to hate, but you love.
Readers seem to either love or hate Stephenie Meyer’s Twililght Saga. I loved it.
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person that you didn’t want to end up with, or an O.T.P. (One True Pairing) that you didn’t like.
The book was good, but I didn’t like Ruby’s relationship with Michael. It just seemed wrong to me. Plus, Michael’s girlfriend/ex-girlfriend made it even weirder.
4. A popular book genre that you barely reach for.
Horror! I never reach for horror. I don’t like to be scared and I don’t like bad dreams!
5. A popular or beloved book character that you do not like.
Oh, America. I liked you in The Selection but I couldn’t stand you in The Elite.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
I don’t know. Maybe I’ll just go with Kiera Cass.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing.
It’s not so much a trope as it is a certain kind of character. I am tired of seeing strong men become complete wimps in romance novels. One minute, they’re an alpha male. The next, they’re the most sensitive man on the planet. I think done correctly, alpha men can be sensitive in a romance novel. (Jill Shalvis and Elizabeth Reyes are masters at creating men like this!) It’s when their personality completely changes that it bugs me.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
My best friend loves Sherrilyn Kenyon’s books. Me, I’m just not interested in this kind of story.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie.” but what book or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
It’s been a long time since I read the book, but I just watched this movie last night. I thought it was a really good adaptation.
So those are my unpopular opinions. What are yours? Feel free to tell me in the comments or consider yourself tagged!