One of the things I love about writing a blog dedicated to books is the book blogging community. They’re so nice and so much fun! I had the privilege of being tagged by HardworkBoulevard in a “Would You Rather” tag. Tags are a lot of fun because the questions they ask can give blog readers a look into the blog writer. So, here it goes…
Would you rather only read trilogies or only read standalones?
- Standalones. Trilogies can be good, but the first book is always the best. There are a lot of trilogies that I could read just the first book and be done. Plus, no cliffhangers in standalones.
Would you rather only read male or female authors?
- Honestly? Female. I don’t have anything against male authors, it’s just that when I look at the books I’ve read the majority of the authors are female. Plus, I’m a big romance fan and it seems to be women writing those.
Would you rather shop at Barnes and Noble or Amazon?
- Oh, man. Well, I have a Kindle and I love reading on it, so that pretty much means I buy most of my books from Amazon. The only physical bookstore close to me is Barnes and Noble, so if I’m buying a hard copy, it’s definitely Barnes and Noble. But my favorite bookstore I’ve ever visited is Powell’s City of Books in Portland, OR.
Would you rather books were made into TV shows or movies?
- Neither. I actually had this conversation with my BFF recently. There are some good movies made out of books, but there aren’t really any amazing ones. You just can’t put everything that’s in a book in a movie. In a book, it’s like you’re reading the characters’ minds. You can’t really do that in movies unless you’re using a narrator all of the time.
Would you rather read only 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
- 5 books per week. 5 pages per day would drive me nuts. I’d never get through all the books I want to read.
Would you rather be a professional author or reviewer?
- I’d love to be a professional author. I have such respect for anyone that can write a really great book. There’s so much creativity in writing.
Would you rather be a librarian or a bookseller?
- Hmmm….I’m going to say librarian. Just because there wouldn’t be the pressure to sell, sell, sell.
Would you rather read only your favorite genre, or every other genre but your favorite?
- Just my favorite. I already know I like it.
Would you rather only read ebooks or physical books?
I like both, but if I had to choose it would be ebooks. I like that you can get some for free, share them and they don’t take up as much space on your shelves.
Now I’m going to share this book tag with a couple other bloggers:
Anyone else is more than welcome to join in as well!